Don't let the summer heat ruin your smokin' hot look.
We’ve finally risen from our winter coffins and are ready to bask in everyone’s favourite season. But the change in weather can sometimes corrupt our familiar rainy-day beauty routines. Never fear! Whether you’re rocking a natural look on a patio or going glam for a night out on the town, these are the products that’ll keep you looking fresh all day (and all season!) long.
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Full-Coverage Foundation A little goes a long way with this satiny, thick (but lightweight!) formula that blends oh-so-naturally. Tarte-ists have called this their Holy-Grail foundation thanks to its ability to help control oil, avoid breakouts and last for up to 12 hours. Combined with the power of SPF 15 and packaged in a recyclable container, it’s a great choice for you and the environment—go ahead and brag about it! $51 (50ml), sephora.com2. BareMinerals Mineral Veil Finishing Powder Whether it’s applied to bare skin or layered on top of your other makeup, this powder creates an airbrushed finish that minimizes fine lines and pores, and absorbs oils without looking caked-on. Available in an original or warm-tinted finish that’s versatile for all skin tones, it helps complete your look with sun protection and creates the illusion that you never eversweat. $23, bareminerals.com
3. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer Finally! A product that mixes two of humanity’s most luxurious creations: long-lasting makeup and chocolate. Infused with 10o-percent real cocoa powder, this bronzer comes in three shades and smells as good as it tast—we mean smells as good as it looks. (Resist the temptation to taste this product. 10/10 would not recommend consumption.) Use it to contour your way to a natural just-got-back-from-vacation look—reviewers say it lasts for up to eight hours. $38, sephora.com
4. Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Blind your enemies with this extremely pigmented glow that’s brighter than the future. Available in four duo and two single shades, ranging from pearly white to Trophy Wife gold, you can choose between a subtle or dramatic confidence-boosting shine to match your mood. And it will last all. Day. Long. $42, sephora.com
5. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner This resilient precision-tip eyeliner has proved its long-lasting and waterproof ability with reviewers that swear it can stay on through rivers of tears. “My mascara was running down my face from crying and all other products had been wiped off in the transfer to the hospital. But not my tattoo eyeliner,” one car-accident survivor reviewed. Available in Trooper Black or Mad Max Brown, this liner is the perfect choice to last through your lavish summer outings, your full days at work or even when you want to look put together at the gym. It doesn’t budge or run, so you don’t have to either. $25, sephora.com
6. NYX Professional Makeup Proof It! Waterproof Mascara Top Coat No need to suffer through the trial-and-error process of finding a new mascara to survive those sweaty summer days. This topcoat from NYX can transform any mascara into a beach-friendly waterproof masterpiece with just two swipes all while helping to prevent clumping and those dreaded racoon eye smudges. $11, londondrugs.com
7. Urban Decay All-Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray There’s nothing more annoying than having your makeup completely fade before you even get to work. And nothing’s worse than getting a glimpse of yourself in the mirror after being on the sky train for an hour. To avoid this problem, try Urban Decay’s weightless all-nighter setting spray to keep makeup looking just-applied for up to 16 hours. It’s suitable for all skin types and even works in the highest humidity (#FloridaApproved) thanks to it’s patented Temperature Control Technology; it lowers the temperature of your makeup to keep everything in place—even when other parts of your life are a mess. From $19 (various sizes), sephora.com
8. Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil This drugstore brand is often overlooked for its simple products, but these quality shaping pencils vouch for themselves when it comes to the strong eyebrow game. Honestly. It’ll last for days at a time through sleep, swim and sweat all while successfully convincing everyone that your eyebrows are naturally full. It’s technically not a lie if it never comes off…$8.50 each, shoppersdrugmart.ca
9. Lush Lip Balm in Key Lime Pie Zest up your summer with this citrus sorbet-flavoured balm that helps soften lips and protect them from the hot, sunny elements. This long-lasting moisturizer also provides a subtle natural gloss to help brighten your look on those extra-long and tiring days. $11, lush.ca
10. NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream Available in 46 sweetly-scented shades, you’re guaranteed to find a colour for every outfit and occasion. The creamy formula is easy to apply and sets to a smooth matte finish that won’t dry out your lips—they’re the unsung heroes of the matte-lip trend. $10 each, londondrugs.com