Purdys Went to the North Pole to Make Their Latest Chocolates
Cult-Fave Milk Bar Just Opened in Nordstrom
Breaking: There’s a New Comfort Food Lunch Pop-up Opening in Gastown
The Perfect Autumn Cocktail Recipe: Donostia Askatuta
Everything You Need to Know About the BCL’s 2022 Whisky Release
A New Pop-Up Wine Bar Is Coming to Strathcona in November
10 Excellent Gifts for the Fitness-Obsessed
5 Things to Do in Vancouver This Week (November 28- December 4)
Meet Inclusive, Vancouver-Based Online Fitness Studio Movement by NM
The Ultimate Winter Staycation Guide 2023: 6 Great Places to Explore in B.C.
B.C. Winter Staycation Guide 2023: 48 Hours in Tofino
B.C. Winter Staycation Guide 2023: Everything You Need to Know About Whistler’s Creekside
We Tried It: Indochino’s New Custom Women’s Suits
11 Holiday Gift Ideas from Local, Indigenous-Owned Brands
Nugu Brings design-led, sustainable dinnerware to North America
Whether you are spending Valentine’s with friends or fantasies, we’ve had a look around to put together some fun activities to keep you occupied this weekend.
– The annual Hugs & Fishes Dinner and Sleepover is a unique adult-only after hours event at the Vancouver Aquarium. Snorkels not required. Feb 14th, 6:30pm, 845 Avison Way.
– Lace up your skates and head over to Robson Square for a fun night of ice-skating where you can literally fall for each other. Open until Feb 28th, 9am-11pm, 800 Robson St.
– For those with a serious sweet tooth, Petit Four Pastries is putting on three-courses of sweeties for your sweetie. Feb 13th & 14th, 8pm, 434 Columbia St.
– If chocolate is more your thing, the Hot Chocolate Festival offers a stroll around town where you can try different hot chocolate concoctions such as “The Lumberjack” – spicy dark hot chocolate with maple marshmallows and chocolate covered wafer logs. Various locations around town — see here for a full list.
– We can’t decide if this is fun or a little gross, but Hillcrest Aquatic Centre is offering lucky Vancouverites the chance for a dip in a pink pool. Yes, a pink pool. The city’s largest pool will be dyed pink in honor of Valentine’s Day with an (apparently) non-transferrable dye. Feb 14th, 4pm, 4575 Clancy Loranger Way.
If our options are not raunchy enough to quench you’re V-day desires, you could always go see the opening of 50 Shades of Grey at any theatre, or head over to the multiple Valentine-themed burlesque shows happening at both the Rio Theatre (Feb 14th, 9pm, 1660 East Broadway) and Penthouse Nightclub (Feb 14th, 7pm, 1019 Seymour St.) if you’re more a ‘live action’ type of person.