The Best Thing I Ate All Week: Old Bird’s Night Market Popcorn Chicken
Purdys Went to the North Pole to Make Their Latest Chocolates
Cult-Fave Milk Bar Just Opened in Nordstrom
The Perfect Autumn Cocktail Recipe: Donostia Askatuta
Everything You Need to Know About the BCL’s 2022 Whisky Release
A New Pop-Up Wine Bar Is Coming to Strathcona in November
5 Things to Do in Vancouver This Week (December 5-11)
‘In My Day’ Brings True Stories of Vancouver’s HIV Pandemic to the Stage
How Hallmark Movies Get Made
The Ultimate Winter Staycation Guide 2023: 6 Great Places to Explore in B.C.
B.C. Winter Staycation Guide 2023: 48 Hours in Tofino
B.C. Winter Staycation Guide 2023: Everything You Need to Know About Whistler’s Creekside
Our Editors Draft the Best Stores in Vancouver for Holiday Shopping
Review: I Tried Vancouver-Based Saltyface’s “Tanning Water,” Here’s How It Went
9 Great Gifts for Cats and Dogs, Because Yes, You’re That Person
As 14,000 dentists, hygienists and related industry folk gather in the city this month to talk bone grafts and gummy smiles at the 20th annual Pacific Dental Exhibition (March 8 to 10), we take a closer look at the West Coast’s relationship with our pearly whites.
1. According to the latest Visa Canada tooth fairy index, $2.46 is the under-pillow payout per tooth for kids in this province—the lowest in Canada, and almost a full dollar below the national average.
2. In an analysis of how much people smile on Instagram, software company Jetpac ranked Vancouver second to last among 25 Canadian cities—smilier only than Niagara-on-the-Lake.
3. 15.8 teeth, on average, are filled, decayed or missing in an adult B.C. mouth, according to a Ministry of Health report. That’s half of all teeth in an average person’s mouth.
4. There are 1,693 dentists there are in Metro Vancouver—one of the highest densities in Canada, at one for every 1,455 people.
5. 22% of B.C. dog owners in an Ipsos survey for Royal Canin brush their pet’s teeth at least a few times a week (likely in expectation of much face-licking). Only eight percent of cat owners do the same.