Cult-Fave Milk Bar Just Opened in Nordstrom
Breaking: There’s a New Comfort Food Lunch Pop-up Opening in Gastown
Apparently, Lots of Vancouverites Are Buying Chocolate-Covered Strawberries for Themselves
The Perfect Autumn Cocktail Recipe: Donostia Askatuta
Everything You Need to Know About the BCL’s 2022 Whisky Release
A New Pop-Up Wine Bar Is Coming to Strathcona in November
5 Shows to Catch at the 2023 PuSh Festival
What It’s Like to Be a Figure Skater for Disney on Ice
Ten Black Friday Deals to Check Out Now
The Ultimate Winter Staycation Guide 2023: 6 Great Places to Explore in B.C.
B.C. Winter Staycation Guide 2023: 48 Hours in Tofino
B.C. Winter Staycation Guide 2023: Everything You Need to Know About Whistler’s Creekside
We Tried It: Indochino’s New Custom Women’s Suits
11 Holiday Gift Ideas from Local, Indigenous-Owned Brands
Nugu Brings design-led, sustainable dinnerware to North America
Photograph by Carlo Ricci
n partnership with Vancouver Craft Beer Week, we’re delighted to announce the inaugural Vancouver International Craft Beer Awards. With the massive (and entirely welcome) explosion of craft brewing in recent years, we felt the time was right to add a judged competition on behalf of the food-and-beer-loving public. This competition identifies beers, for sale year round in this province, that offer exceptional value for their price. We thank the dozen judges — brewers, buyers, cicerones, chefs, and beer devotees — who have volunteered their time and expertise to blind-taste and evaluate entries
Taste competitions are something Vancouver magazine knows well; for 11 years, we have highlighted value-rich wines across 10 categories with our Vancouver Magazine International Wine Awards. For a quarter-century, we have also judged and ranked the city’s food with our annual Vancouver Magazine Restaurant Awards.
Winners of the Vancouver International Craft Beer Awards will be announced on May 29 at the opening night of the 2015 Vancouver Craft Beer Week. And to all our entrants, we wish you good luck and a successful and prosperous year!
• Light Lagers• Pils• Other Lagers• Hybrid• English/Irish/Scottish• North American Ales• Browns/Porters• Stouts• North American IPA• Imperial IPA• Belgian/French• Strong• Fruit/Sours• Spice/Herb/Vegetable• Specialty
1. Pay the $20 registration fee using the button below. Each beer entered will need to be treated as a completely separate entry.
2. After PayPal has received your payment you will be redirected to download a PDF entry form.
3. Fill out the entry form and click ‘submit’. The form will then be emailed to Vancouver Magazine and your entry will be complete.
To be eligible, entries must:
• Consist of at least one litre of beer, spread between a minimum of four bottles.
• Be clearly labelled with the name of the beer, brewery, and contact person.
• Be for sale in LDB and/or private stores year round (no seasonals or one-offs).
• Carry an SKU (bar code). Casks, kegs, and growlers are not eligible.
• Be produced by a craft brewer, defined for this contest as any brewer with annual production of 6 million barrels or less, whose beers depend on traditional or innovative brewing ingredients and their fermentation.
Bottles and entry fees will not be returned to entrants
Bottle Drop Off:
• Entries can be dropped off or shipped directly to the Vancouver Magazine office located at Suite 560, 2608 Granville St., Vancouver, B.C.
• Our office is open between 9:00am and 5:00pm. Please call 604 877 7732.
• All entries must be received at the shipping destination by Friday, March 27th, 2015 at 4:00pm.
Click here to see further contest rules and regulations.