BREAKING: Team Behind Savio Volpe Opening New Restaurant in Cambie Village This Winter
Burdock and Co Is Celebrating a Decade in Business with a 10-Course Tasting Menu
The Frozen Pizza Chronicles Vol. 3: Big Grocery Gets in on the Game
Recipe: This Blackberry Bourbon Sour From Nightshade Is Made With Chickpea Water
The Author of the Greatest Wine Book of the Last Decade Is Coming to Town
Wine Collab of the Week: A Cool-Kid Fizz on Main Street
10 Black or African Films to Catch at the 2023 Vancouver International Film Festival
8 Indigenous-Owned Businesses to Support in Vancouver
5 Things to Do in Vancouver This Week (September 25- October 1)
Protected: Kamloops Unmasked: The Most Intriguing Fall Destination of 2023
Dark Skies in Utah: Chasing Cosmic Connection on the Road
Fall Wedges and Water in Kamloops
Attention Designers: 5 Reasons to Enter the WL Design 25
On the Rise: Meet Vancouver Jewellery Designer Jamie Carlson
At Home With Photographer Evaan Kheraj and Fashion Stylist Luisa Rino
1. Sofia Coppola Blanc de Blancs ($8.50 per 187 ml)This little cutie is Francis Ford Coppola’s apology to his daughter for putting her in The Godfather Part III. It’s everything the movie wasn’t: distinctive, bubbly and fresh. Available at Legacy Liquor Stores and others.
2. Cardinal Zin Octavin ($36 per 3 litre)This is the pound-for-pound champ. It’s a light Zinfandel, but still has plenty of spice, pepper, and a hint of sweetness to stand up to whatever you burn on the hibachi. Widely available at BC Liquor Stores and others.
3. French Rabbit Pinot Noir ($13 per litre) A light, black cherry influenced wine that has the benefit of tasting better when cool. The Tetra-pak rules the picnic. Widely available at BC Liquor Stores and others.
4. Hardy’s Stamp Chardonnay/Semillon ($5 per 250 ml)A full bottle is only $9.50-but try smuggling that into Malkin Bowl. We appreciate the neatly packaged glass, which lends this light, pineapple-y wine a sophisticated touch. Available at Everythingwine.ca.
5. Haywire Crush Pad Rosé ($54 per 3 litre)Bring out the white dinner jacket for this 100 percent Gamay, which, despite its plebeian delivery system, is a serious, well made rosé with a nice strawberry-rhubarb profile. Available at Everythingwine.ca and Legacy Liquor Stores.