Opening Soon: A Japanese-Style Bagel Shop in Downtown Vancouver
The Broadway/Cambie Corridor Has Become a Hub for Excellent Chinese Restaurants
Flaky, Fluffy and Freaking Delicious: Vancouver’s Top Fry Bread and Bannock
Protected: The Wick is Lit for This Fraser Valley Winery
Wine Collab of the Week: The Best Bottle to Welcome a Vancouver Spring
Naked Malt Blended Malt Scotch Whisky Celebrates Versatility and Spirit
The Orpheum to Launch ‘Silent Movie Mondays’ This Spring
5 Things to Do in Vancouver This Week (March 27-April 2)
Meet Missy D, the Bilingual Vancouver Hip Hop Artist for the Whole Family
What It’s Like to Get Lost on a Run With a Pro Trail Runner
8 Things to Do in Abbotsford (Even If It’s Pouring Rain)
Explore the Rockies by Rail with Rocky Mountaineer
The Future of Beauty: How One Medical Aesthetics Clinic is Changing the Game
4 Fashion Designers From African Fashion Week Vancouver to Put on Your Radar
Before Hibernation Season Ends: A Round-Up of the Coziest Shopping Picks
1. Sofia Coppola Blanc de Blancs ($8.50 per 187 ml)This little cutie is Francis Ford Coppola’s apology to his daughter for putting her in The Godfather Part III. It’s everything the movie wasn’t: distinctive, bubbly and fresh. Available at Legacy Liquor Stores and others.
2. Cardinal Zin Octavin ($36 per 3 litre)This is the pound-for-pound champ. It’s a light Zinfandel, but still has plenty of spice, pepper, and a hint of sweetness to stand up to whatever you burn on the hibachi. Widely available at BC Liquor Stores and others.
3. French Rabbit Pinot Noir ($13 per litre) A light, black cherry influenced wine that has the benefit of tasting better when cool. The Tetra-pak rules the picnic. Widely available at BC Liquor Stores and others.
4. Hardy’s Stamp Chardonnay/Semillon ($5 per 250 ml)A full bottle is only $9.50-but try smuggling that into Malkin Bowl. We appreciate the neatly packaged glass, which lends this light, pineapple-y wine a sophisticated touch. Available at Everythingwine.ca.
5. Haywire Crush Pad Rosé ($54 per 3 litre)Bring out the white dinner jacket for this 100 percent Gamay, which, despite its plebeian delivery system, is a serious, well made rosé with a nice strawberry-rhubarb profile. Available at Everythingwine.ca and Legacy Liquor Stores.