Cult-Fave Milk Bar Just Opened in Nordstrom
Breaking: There’s a New Comfort Food Lunch Pop-up Opening in Gastown
Apparently, Lots of Vancouverites Are Buying Chocolate-Covered Strawberries for Themselves
The Perfect Autumn Cocktail Recipe: Donostia Askatuta
Everything You Need to Know About the BCL’s 2022 Whisky Release
A New Pop-Up Wine Bar Is Coming to Strathcona in November
5 Shows to Catch at the 2023 PuSh Festival
What It’s Like to Be a Figure Skater for Disney on Ice
Ten Black Friday Deals to Check Out Now
The Ultimate Winter Staycation Guide 2023: 6 Great Places to Explore in B.C.
B.C. Winter Staycation Guide 2023: 48 Hours in Tofino
B.C. Winter Staycation Guide 2023: Everything You Need to Know About Whistler’s Creekside
We Tried It: Indochino’s New Custom Women’s Suits
11 Holiday Gift Ideas from Local, Indigenous-Owned Brands
Nugu Brings design-led, sustainable dinnerware to North America
1. Sofia Coppola Blanc de Blancs ($8.50 per 187 ml)This little cutie is Francis Ford Coppola’s apology to his daughter for putting her in The Godfather Part III. It’s everything the movie wasn’t: distinctive, bubbly and fresh. Available at Legacy Liquor Stores and others.
2. Cardinal Zin Octavin ($36 per 3 litre)This is the pound-for-pound champ. It’s a light Zinfandel, but still has plenty of spice, pepper, and a hint of sweetness to stand up to whatever you burn on the hibachi. Widely available at BC Liquor Stores and others.
3. French Rabbit Pinot Noir ($13 per litre) A light, black cherry influenced wine that has the benefit of tasting better when cool. The Tetra-pak rules the picnic. Widely available at BC Liquor Stores and others.
4. Hardy’s Stamp Chardonnay/Semillon ($5 per 250 ml)A full bottle is only $9.50-but try smuggling that into Malkin Bowl. We appreciate the neatly packaged glass, which lends this light, pineapple-y wine a sophisticated touch. Available at Everythingwine.ca.
5. Haywire Crush Pad Rosé ($54 per 3 litre)Bring out the white dinner jacket for this 100 percent Gamay, which, despite its plebeian delivery system, is a serious, well made rosé with a nice strawberry-rhubarb profile. Available at Everythingwine.ca and Legacy Liquor Stores.