Making resolutions for the new year is easy. Sticking to them, not so much
1. Eat right The trick is to get the most from what you eat while not making yourself miserable in the process. “If you want a grilled cheese, you can make that work," says Karina Christiansen of Lemoncrystals, a meal-plan site that creates custom plans based on your lifestyle and goals. So long as you "balance that out” with more veggies, she adds. Karina's tips for eating right:
- Volume: Consider the right portion sizes for your body type and activity level and make room for the foods you really love
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of water and make sure you stay hydrated throughout the day
- Organize: Plan your weekly meals to avoid grabbing food on the go
- The Social Yoga, various locations across Vancouver
- STRETCH Yoga Studio, 180 E. Pender St.
- Westcoast Hot Yoga, 1128 Mainland St.
- Bikram Yoga, 555 W. 12th Ave.
- Day planner: Sit down and commit to a weekly plan, either by signing up for classes or planning your routine for the coming week
- Gear check: Invest in a proper pair of training shoes
- Class commitment: Being in a group environment can be empowering and pushes you to spin faster or out-squat your neighbour
- Footwear: Make sure you have proper shoes that offer enough support to avoid injury
- Partner up: The chat will keep your mind pleasantly occupied
- Join a running club: Make yourself feel like you’re part of a team, and best of all they’re often free
- Gymbox, 909 W. Broadway
- Urban Fitness, Downtown and South Granville locations
- Yaletown Fitness, 1118 Homer St.