Cult-Fave Milk Bar Just Opened in Nordstrom
Breaking: There’s a New Comfort Food Lunch Pop-up Opening in Gastown
Apparently, Lots of Vancouverites Are Buying Chocolate-Covered Strawberries for Themselves
The Perfect Autumn Cocktail Recipe: Donostia Askatuta
Everything You Need to Know About the BCL’s 2022 Whisky Release
A New Pop-Up Wine Bar Is Coming to Strathcona in November
5 Shows to Catch at the 2023 PuSh Festival
What It’s Like to Be a Figure Skater for Disney on Ice
Ten Black Friday Deals to Check Out Now
The Ultimate Winter Staycation Guide 2023: 6 Great Places to Explore in B.C.
B.C. Winter Staycation Guide 2023: 48 Hours in Tofino
B.C. Winter Staycation Guide 2023: Everything You Need to Know About Whistler’s Creekside
We Tried It: Indochino’s New Custom Women’s Suits
11 Holiday Gift Ideas from Local, Indigenous-Owned Brands
Nugu Brings design-led, sustainable dinnerware to North America
Three local salons in Vancouver share their favourite summer hairstyles.
The days of carefree attitudes, backyard barbecues and lounging on the beach are back, but while the heat is great for having fun in the sun, it can be a bit of a nuisance for styling and maintaining a fashionable haircut. For those in need of amazing summer-ready hairstyles, look no further. Here are five celebrity-inspired recommendations—shared by Vancouver’s hair pros—that are perfect for staying cool while looking hot. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg68qXdjZgR/?hl=en&taken-by=vanessahudgens
What time is it? Summertime! Taking cues from High School Musical actress Vanessa Hudgens, stylist and Is.Salon owner Erin Moore suggests this wedged pixie cut for women seeking an effortless, star-worthy look. For maintenance, Moore recommends air or hand-drying, adding in a salt spray for texture and topping off the look with light curls. (Photo Credit: FORME Hair Salon)
This rough-meets-playful look is a hot trend this year with models and celebrities in Tokyo. Recommended by FORME Hair Salon’s art director and stylist, Sazz Watanabe, this stylish haircut features blunt-yet-edgy bangs that emphasize natural beauty. The best part about this summer do? The messier it gets, the better it looks…so getting ready in the morning will be a cinch. (Photo Credit: Take, Misako Hair Studio)
Misako Hair Studio senior stylists, Ryoko Tsuchida and Take Shimizu recommend this light, airy, Japanese-inspired bob to keep cool during the summer months. This hairstyle features soft curls and messy, side-swept bangs. Better yet, this look only takes about 15 minutes to create, making it perfect for busy mornings. Feeling bold and adventurous? Ryoko suggests adding dramatic Japanese beach waves for a stunning summer look. Photo Credit: Jill Wellington
Easy-to-manage and perfect for the summer, this shattered bob cut is inspired by Jennifer Lawrence and Keira Knightley. According to Moore, this hairdo is best worn with natural or minimal waves. She recommends drying 90 per cent of the hair upside down with a volumizing spray, then using a brush over the remaining 10 per cent for extra body and texture. Photo Credit: Christopher Campbell
So let’s say short haircuts aren’t your thing. If you prefer slightly longer-length hairstyles during the summer, Moore recommends a mid-length, textured bob. This lightly-curled, wavy cut is best paired with warm summer hues or darker shades. For women with a natural wave, air-drying is the way to go. Otherwise, Moore suggests combing your fingers through your hair as you blow-dry, then using the Oribe Thick Dry Finishing Spray.