Opening Soon: A Japanese-Style Bagel Shop in Downtown Vancouver
The Broadway/Cambie Corridor Has Become a Hub for Excellent Chinese Restaurants
Flaky, Fluffy and Freaking Delicious: Vancouver’s Top Fry Bread and Bannock
Protected: The Wick is Lit for This Fraser Valley Winery
Wine Collab of the Week: The Best Bottle to Welcome a Vancouver Spring
Naked Malt Blended Malt Scotch Whisky Celebrates Versatility and Spirit
Coyotes, Crows and Flying Ants: All of Your Vancouver Wildlife Questions, Answered
The Orpheum to Launch ‘Silent Movie Mondays’ This Spring
5 Things to Do in Vancouver This Week (March 27-April 2)
What It’s Like to Get Lost on a Run With a Pro Trail Runner
8 Things to Do in Abbotsford (Even If It’s Pouring Rain)
Explore the Rockies by Rail with Rocky Mountaineer
The Future of Beauty: How One Medical Aesthetics Clinic is Changing the Game
4 Fashion Designers From African Fashion Week Vancouver to Put on Your Radar
Before Hibernation Season Ends: A Round-Up of the Coziest Shopping Picks
Beat the cold-weather blues with this lineup of snuggle-worthy, warmth-inducing winter gear.
1. What we like to call a duvet-in-a-jacket, Moncler’s Akebia coat in deep purple puts hibernation in high gear with its bold pop of colour. $1,525, holtrenfrew.com
2. The Revenant meets Anna Wintour in Nordstrom’s At Home Cuddle Up faux-fur sleeping bag in shades like New Natural Tipped. $279, nordstrom.ca
3. Keep warm and weather the storm with Hollow Tree’s Backpacker series Tofino Storm coconut wax candle. Each ceramic pot is hand-poured in Whistler with scents—like bergamot and lily of the valley—distilled in France. $42, hollowtree.ca
4. The elegant M. Patmos x Club Monaco cropped jumper features cashmere constructed from a Japanese loom that uses one continuous thread to create thoroughly modern classics. $625, clubmonaco.ca
5. Our favourite Seattle heritage brand knows enough to come to Canada to knit their authentic, 100-percent wool handmade Fair Isle scarf and toque. Scarf, $200; toque, $165, filson.com
202 Carrall St.baileynelson.com
What: Australia’s hipster eyeglass emporium Bailey Nelson opens its third Vancouver location in Gastown.
Why we’re excited: Made with the same Mazzucchelli acetate as most pricey designer specs, the frames are suitably cool without the attendant makeup.