The Best Thing I Ate All Week: Beaucoup Bakery’s Pistachio Raspberry Cake
Live Spot Prawns Are Only Here for a Month—and You Can Try Them at This Festival
Cupcake Thief Breaks Into Vancouver Bakery, Cleans Up Glass, Takes Selfies and Leaves
Succession Is Over: Now It’s Time To Watch the Greatest Show About Wine Ever Made
Our 2023 Sommelier of the Year Franco Michienzi of Elisa Steakhouse Shares His Top Wine Picks
We’ve Scored a Major Discount for VanMag Readers at the Best Wine Festival in Town
Meet OneSpace, the East Vancouver Co-working Space That Offers On-site Childcare
What You Missed at the VMO 2022/23 Season Finale Concert
Protected: Visit the Joint Replacement Center of Scottsdale
Wellness in Whistler-Your Ultimate Early Summer Retreat
Local Summer Getaway: 3 Beautiful Okanagan Farm Tours
Local Summer Getaway: Golfing at Alberta’s Crowsnest Pass
The Latest in Cutting-Edge Kitchen Appliances
7 Spring-y Shopping Picks, From a Lightweight Jacket to a Fresh Face Cleanser
Is There a Distinctly “Vancouver” Watch?
Just because it’s dreary outside doesn’t mean your duds have to be too; below, two outfits that keep the warm in and the cold out–while looking good to boot.
1. Hackwith Design House – Charlie Dress from Charlie & Lee. As a Charlie & Lee x Hackwith Design House collaboration, there are only 12 of these beauties available. $209, 223 Union St.
2. Classic Fedora Hat from Topshop. Hats protect from a variety of things: wind, rain, bad hair days, and none do it so effortlessly as this Topshop Fedora. $25, 674 Granville St.
3. Alpaca Blanket Scarf from Hendrik.Lou. Everything one could wish for in a scarf: versatile and soft. Delivering a throw, wrap, and scarf trifecta, this piece is made of the softest baby alpaca wool. $220, select retailers.
4. Coat 4048 from Oak + Fort. This coat is what tailored dreams are made of. Collared and made of a top-notch wool-blend, the piece boasts of clean lines and straight fit. $268, #355 Water St.
5. Mini Bega Satchel Bag from Aritzia. Structured and stylish is this bag’s game. $298, various locations
6. Fulton Tiny Umbrella from Hudson’s Bay. A tiny classic, patterned umbrella that fits discreetly in any bag. $30, 674 Granville St.
7. A.P.C Francoise Boots from Oliver + Lilly’s. Strut your way around any puddles or pile of leaves with this extremely classy A.P.C boot. $545, 1575 West 6th Ave.
1. Hunter Pop Bubble Umbrella from Anthropologie. A cheery infusion of colour into what would otherwise be a dreary day. $48, 2912 Granville St.
2. Circle Scarf from Joe Fresh. Chunky knitwear heaven for your neck. $29, 540 Granville St.
3. Baggu Basic Leather Tote from Vincent Park. Tote around all your essentials in a soft, buttery leather gem of a bag. $188, 4278 Main St.
4. Kimchi Blue Bella Pullover Sweater from Urban Outfitters. What says autumn more than cozy knits? $39, 830 Granville St.
5. Rain Jacket Long from Nouvelle Nouvelle. The Denmark-based brand, Rains, has the best sartorial shield for your battle against the rain this fall season.$124, 209 Abbott St.
6. Classic Awesome Baggies from One Teaspoon. Aptly named, the Classic Awesome Baggies are awesome for their style and fit. $150, online.
7. Flat Elastic Chelsea Boot from Zara. This is the classy lovechild of a Chelsea boot and a rain boot. $79.90, 1056 Robson St.