Beijing Mansion Hosts Chinese Restaurant Awards New Wave 2023 Dinner
A Guide to the City’s Best Omakase
5 Croissants to Try at the 2023 Vancouver Croissant Crawl
The Best Drinks to Bring to a Holiday Party (and Their Zero-Proof Alternatives)
The Wine List: 6 Wines for Every Holiday Wine Drinker on Your List
Nightcap: Spiked Horchata
5 Things to Do in Vancouver This Week (November 27-December 3)
PHOTOS: Vancouver Chinatown Foundation Autumn Gala and Richmond Hospital Foundation Starlight Gala
5 Things to Do in Vancouver This Week (November 20-26)
Escape to Osoyoos: Your Winter Wonderland Awaits
Your 2023/2024 Ultimate Local Winter Getaway Guide
Kamloops Unscripted: The Most Intriguing Fall Destination of 2023
2023 Gift Guide: 8 Gorgeous Gifts from Vancouver Jewellery Designers
Local Gift Guide 2023: For Everyone on Your Holiday Shopping List
Local Gift Guide 2023: For the Pets
Just because it’s dreary outside doesn’t mean your duds have to be too; below, two outfits that keep the warm in and the cold out–while looking good to boot.
1. Hackwith Design House – Charlie Dress from Charlie & Lee. As a Charlie & Lee x Hackwith Design House collaboration, there are only 12 of these beauties available. $209, 223 Union St.
2. Classic Fedora Hat from Topshop. Hats protect from a variety of things: wind, rain, bad hair days, and none do it so effortlessly as this Topshop Fedora. $25, 674 Granville St.
3. Alpaca Blanket Scarf from Hendrik.Lou. Everything one could wish for in a scarf: versatile and soft. Delivering a throw, wrap, and scarf trifecta, this piece is made of the softest baby alpaca wool. $220, select retailers.
4. Coat 4048 from Oak + Fort. This coat is what tailored dreams are made of. Collared and made of a top-notch wool-blend, the piece boasts of clean lines and straight fit. $268, #355 Water St.
5. Mini Bega Satchel Bag from Aritzia. Structured and stylish is this bag’s game. $298, various locations
6. Fulton Tiny Umbrella from Hudson’s Bay. A tiny classic, patterned umbrella that fits discreetly in any bag. $30, 674 Granville St.
7. A.P.C Francoise Boots from Oliver + Lilly’s. Strut your way around any puddles or pile of leaves with this extremely classy A.P.C boot. $545, 1575 West 6th Ave.
1. Hunter Pop Bubble Umbrella from Anthropologie. A cheery infusion of colour into what would otherwise be a dreary day. $48, 2912 Granville St.
2. Circle Scarf from Joe Fresh. Chunky knitwear heaven for your neck. $29, 540 Granville St.
3. Baggu Basic Leather Tote from Vincent Park. Tote around all your essentials in a soft, buttery leather gem of a bag. $188, 4278 Main St.
4. Kimchi Blue Bella Pullover Sweater from Urban Outfitters. What says autumn more than cozy knits? $39, 830 Granville St.
5. Rain Jacket Long from Nouvelle Nouvelle. The Denmark-based brand, Rains, has the best sartorial shield for your battle against the rain this fall season.$124, 209 Abbott St.
6. Classic Awesome Baggies from One Teaspoon. Aptly named, the Classic Awesome Baggies are awesome for their style and fit. $150, online.
7. Flat Elastic Chelsea Boot from Zara. This is the classy lovechild of a Chelsea boot and a rain boot. $79.90, 1056 Robson St.