#2: A licensed pop-up shop.
It's deadline week for our Made in Vancouver Awards, so we wanted to share a little insight into just why you should be entering the inaugural contest by this Friday, February 15.
1. Every single entry will be assessed by our esteemed judges and editors.
We've already been blown away by the calibre of entrants we're seeing cross our desks in the last couple of weeks, and narrowing it down to the finalists is going to be an epic battle. But even those that don't hold the title of "winner" will be evaluated for potential coverage in the magazine. There are just too many great makers out there, and we're thrilled to be discovering more of you every day. (Photo: Kristina Balić on Unsplash)
2. Finalists will be celebrated online—and get bragging rights too.
We'll be announcing the finalists for our Made in Vancouver Awards on
April 1, 2019 May 1, 2019. All finalists will receive brag badges that they can promote on their own social channels and websites. Becoming a finalist is a huge deal—and we want you to celebrate it.
(Photo: Krys Alex on Unsplash)
3. Finalists and winners will be invited to participate in our Made in Vancouver Pop-Up Shop—and it's going to be great.
We'll be creating an awesome holiday market made up of the Made in Vancouver Awards finalists and winners. Think: cool cocktail party (yes, of course it's going to be licensed) with a little shopping on the side.
4. Winners and honorable mentions will be profiled in a collector's edition of Vancouver magazine.
We'll be dedicating our July/August issue to the excellent maker scene in Vancouver. Photo by Angelina Litvin on Unsplash
5. Winners will receive a physical Made in Vancouver award that's perfect for a light weight-lifting session.
And, you know, they're perfect to brag it up with, too.