Breaking News: Don’t Argue Pizza Returns on March 1
Marugame Udon Is Opening in Downtown Vancouver on February 24
Okay, River District, You’ve Got Our Attention: Bufala Slated to Open March 1
Editors’ Picks: The Best Things We Drank in 2023
Nightcap: The Chasm-E-Pista Mocktail From Zarak by Afghan Kitchen
The Best Drinks to Bring to a Holiday Party (and Their Zero-Proof Alternatives)
More Corner Stores in Vancouver Would Mean More Community
Bar Susu’s Susu Sundays Are a Weekend Highlight
Is Vancouver’s Coolest Nightlife Venue in… Kitsilano?
Escape to Osoyoos: Your Winter Wonderland Awaits
Your 2023/2024 Ultimate Local Winter Getaway Guide
Kamloops Unscripted: The Most Intriguing Fall Destination of 2023
Artist Carla Tak Has an Incredible Art Collection in her Olympic Village Home
The Vancouver Uniform: 8 Blundstone Alternatives to Keep Your Feet Dry In Style
Hot Take: 7 Glittery Fashion Picks for Winter
Doctors, local celebrities and community-builders show up to support health care at this star-studded celebration.
1. Alice Chung, Echo Wu and Judy Leung chaired the 2023 Time to Shine Gala presented by Peterson and Viva Pharmaceutical.
2. Anson Realty principals Stephen and Grace Kwok were among the Chinese Canadian community leaders giving back big-time to transform health care in B.C.
3. VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation CEO Angela Chapman thanked the 400 guests for raising $4,123,500 in support of world-leading talent such as Dr. Brian Kwon, a spine surgeon at Vancouver General Hospital.
4. Julia and Donald Leung of Donald’s Fine Foods ignited the evening of giving with a donation of $1 million. Major gifts also came from Johnny Fong, John and Linda Wong, Rick and Lauren Ilich and Jason and Emily Ko.
5. After a pandemic pause, the gala returned with television personalities Todd Talbot and Lisa Wu hosting the marquee fundraiser at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel.
6. Singer Shannon Chung and pianist Libby Yu performed at the sold-out soiree. Over seven years, the Time to Shine gala has raised over $22.6 million in support of Vancouver Coastal Health’s most urgent needs.